Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Ratchet Kings

Last Sunday started out per usual, lounging in my recliner, watching the boob tube when I got a call from fellow Geezer JayBee. The plan was set in motion and within the hour I over at his place. JB grabbed his fishtail and some motorcycle ties that he had bought and we were off to Sequim.

When we got there I saw it in all its Tequila painted glory, a 1980 Vespa P200E. I have come to call it a Tequila paint job because it looked like someone downed a bottle of Tequila and decided to give it the krylon touch. Even with that said it's a hell of a scooter and he got it for a sweet deal.

After we got it loaded into the back of my truck. the guy JB bought it from tied it down and we drove off. We hadn't gotten 50 feet away from the place when we both started to notice it wobble, I pulled over and thats when the real fun started.

As we pulled over the wind decided to beat the piss out of us, luckily JayBee had his M-65 and I my M-51. I t must have been at least 25 minutes of tooling with the motorcycle ties before we both realized we were retared and couldn't do it. JayBee decided to walk up to a guy that just pulled into his driveway and explain our problem, he looked at the ties and couldn't figure them out either so gave us one of his own to use. Another ten minutes he came out again and noticed we couldn't even work the ratchet tie he gave us.

Once we got that situation over with, we stopped at the local 50s diner for some burgers and off the show off the P200 to the Rev Bill. After picking up some supplies at the store I drove JayBee home, got his new Scoot out from the back of my truck and pulled it into his garage.
I couldn't help but think when I drove away from his place " Where was Curly when we needed him today".

2 comments:

Bill Sommers said...

"The Ratchet Kings," I like that name a lot. We could do something with that. Hmmm?

Have fun,
Bill

Steve Williams said...

My friend Paul is a master with those ratchet ties but I'm all thumbs. Give me rope and my knot tying knowledge....

Curly was probably at my house not washing salt from my Vespa...

Steve Williams
Scooter in the Sticks