Monday, December 31, 2007

My new Scooter!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday started out like any other day, wake up, shower and eating breakfast. but at the crack of 7 am I was off to JayBee place to pick him up for the ride down to Portland. When I got to his place giant gusts of wind started blowing and the snow was coming down. We decided to bear with it and keep going because nothing was gonna stop me from getting this scooter.

We drove my truck over ice covered roads for four hours with a mix of rain and snow hitting us all the way down only to have it clear up as we got to Portland. We met Mike (the man I purchased the Lambretta from) at 11:45 am in the parking lot of the IKEA near the Airport. He had parked next to his truck and it was beautiful! After removing the cowls and going over the engine with me he hand over the keys. The sensation I had was ten time stronger than when I purchased my first scooter.

After Mike, JayBee and I had a long conversation about Scootering and his ten other Lambrettas, we loaded her into the back of my truck and said goodbye to each other. Just as we were leaving a pellet sized hail storm hit us, luckily I had a motorcycle cover for it but the thunder and lightning was what really wanted me to get out of there.

When we crossed back over the Washington State line we hit a traffic jam so we decided to take the next exit and grab a bite to eat. By this time, Jaybee can atest to this, I giggling like a little girl who pony. we stopped at Burgerville and parked by the window so we could stare at it as we ate. I don't know if it was the burger itself or the experience I just had but it was the best Burger I've ever tasted.

Once we got back onto I-5 it was smooth sailing. We got to have a great experience that day and we even pulled over at one point to take a picture of Shart lane. For those of you who don't know what shart is, look it up. Anyway, we got back to Port Angeles at 6 pm and stopped at Billy's place to show him what I have come to call "Sofia". We stood out in the cold in our Fishtails for about a half and hour looking at it, it was great!

Sofia is now in my Garage and I plan to ride the hell out of her. I will post pictures in the next post.

1 comment:

Bill Sommers said...

Ahhh...Sophia. That name works for the old gal. I sure apprieciate you two hooligans coming by to show off the scoot the other night. Made my day!
=Bill=